- Some publicity!:
- a group flickr is now set up! ID:
email@example.com: the usual one
- Plan for the next three days:
- 20 July
- 09:00 Formal Harvard evaluations
- 09:30 Lecture: Biodiversity informatics (Cam)
- 21 July
- 17:00 Lecture: Elephant phylogeography (Benoit Goosens)
- 22 July
- You are responsible for an early lunch
- 12:30 Be ready to leave for UMS. Wear nice clothes please
- 13:30 Presentations begin
- 15:00 Teabreak
- 15:30 Presentations
- 17:00 Transfer to Atmosphere
- 20 July
- Your work on the wiki for the next two and a half days:
- Project 3 reports
- Personal page
- Focal taxon page(s)
- Your blogs
- Site observations
- General photos
- Asian students: please check the level you have been registered for (Grad or Undergrad) to make sure it is correct.
- From Ross: When you have the internet, check out the 'biodiversity of borneo' slide show on the New York Times website: http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/2009/04/20/travel/0420-borneo_index.html
- This is the website and email address from Infinity Sea Tribe: http://www.infinityseatribe.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Laundry leaves today at 09:00, back tomorrow afternoon.
- This afternoon at ca. 15:30, we'll be taking out a voluntary trip to see a different reef (more exposed).
- Project reports are (almost) all reviewd. Please make your final corrections today or in KK. Due by Sunday night.
- See notes on Argumentation
- More papers from Ross on fern life cycles and the consequences of biodiversity decline in tropical rivers. The fern paper is a very dense review but the material is interesting and contains a fair background on the more interesting aspects of their life histories.
- I have uploaded a static version of this wiki to http://phylodiversity.net/bb09/ - you can point your family and friends to it.
- Please check the Project report template. Note that we have removed the Closing argument section, which I have moved to a special page (named Lambir plant project (argument)). Don't worry about this page now, we'll talk about this on the island.
- Peer review (see notes):
- Mushrooms reviews Lianas
- Lianas reviews Iban
- Iban reviews butterflies
- Butterflies reviews geckos
- Geckos reviews water striders
- Water striders reviews Nepenthes
- Nepenthes reviews mushrooms
- Tonight there will be no lecture, but I will make some logistics announcements at dinner at 19:00. The important thing is that you pack your bags before the presentations tomorrow, which will be at 09:00. Bring your packed bags to the main hall before 09:00.
- This is your last chance to request equipment you might want on Gaya, Kinabalu and Deramakot.
- I must photocopy your passports and tickets, if you only got 30 day visas.
- Laundry to be dropped at 8:00 tomorrow. See Schedule for updates.
- For Le, and anyone else interested, Ross uploaded papers on the fungi of Borneo and fungi in dipterocarp leaf litter.
- Cam uploaded the lambir plot mapand as a JPEG.
- Added Malay and Glossary pages. Please add to these as you find something you want to share.
- Added notes on Focal taxon exercise.
- The moths of Borneo.
- Today is a packed lunch day. Pick it up from the canteen after 10:00.
- We will take in a load of laundry tomorrow. Please have it ready by breakfast.
- Please, let's leave our shoes in a tidier arrangement outside the main office. Let's put them on the floor and bottom two steps, on the left. Thanks.
- Please adhere to the rules about: no one alone in the forest, and signing out.
- (Lots of rules today!) Please sign out everything you take from the gear boxes, and remember, no library books leave the main room.
- Finished plant characters matrix.
- Data file for lecture/lab here.
- Uploaded HARVARD SUMMER SCHOOL Student Handbook and Guide to Computing 2009.
- Soil arthropod data here (right click, `Save as').
- Uploaded R packages for the book Data Analysis and Graphics with R (windows and mac).