- Ants associated with Macaranga and Dischidia.
- Male and female reproductive parts occur on different individual plants.
- General purpose antibiotic, used also for malaria prophylaxis. Dosage for treatment of infections: 100 mg, twice a day, for a week.
- Male and female reproductive parts occur in the same flower.
- ironwood Eusideroxylon zwagerii (Lauraceae)
- aka. ‘belian,’ ‘ulin.’ Top quality construction timber; easy to work, yet resistant to weather and termites for decades. The ladders on Kinabalu are all made of ironwood. Turns black when weathered.
- Male and female reproductive parts occur on different flowers of the same plant.